Monday, September 15, 2008

Midday Roundup

The remnants of Ike reminded Hoosiers just how much of a SOB he is really is, bringing 60+ mph winds and buckets of rain to most of Indiana yesterday. Powerless to prevent the inevitable, I was forced to sit around and watch as first my power and then my phone went out thanks to a cacophony of falling tree limbs and flying debris. As such I spent most of the day in the dark, hopelessly devoid of any news or football, but as of this morning  I am thankful to say the fine people of the power company finally have me back on the grid. While I attempt to recover and catch up, here are a few stories that have caught my attention on this gloriously windless Monday afternoon.
  • Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius was in Indiana yesterday stumping on behalf of the Obama campaign. Her presence emphasizes the campaign's growing belief that Indiana can be swung blue this year.

  • The first of three gubernatorial debates is scheduled for tomorrow in Merrillville. Without a shadow of doubt, democrat Jill Long Thompson needs to have a strong showing if she wants to have any chance of knocking off Mitch come November.

  • As the devastating financial crisis continues to unfold, wreaking havoc on the stock market as we speak,  its worth reminding everyone where John McCain stands on the issue of our economy.
    "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should."

No comments: