Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Iowa Victory Speech: Why I support Barack Obama's Candidacy

Following the results in Iowa and New Hampshire, I have been forced to reconsider who I support in the Democratic presidential race. Having been in Edwards' corner since the beginning this has proven to be a tough proposition, however one thing has made the decision all too clear.

Barack Obama's Iowa victory speech was incredible. Listening to it I couldn't help but think that this is exactly how I want my president to sound. With a mixture of MLK and RFK, Obama proved that his notion of change, the backbone of his candidacy, is not only a reflection of an out of touch Washington, but of a country so utterly divided its very foundation is beginning to crumble away. He wasn't just calling for unification, he was echoing it to all those listening, demonstrating that he can be the President this country needs now more than ever.

No comments: